Wednesday, August 4, 2010

crawling and jeffrey talk

Elena is crawling! I was SO hoping she would get it before work started and she has. I am so proud of her. She has learned these things so fast and in a way, it makes me sad. My little infant is gone. The little one who would sleep all day and was so tiny and precious. I guess it makes me a little sad because I know I (unless God chooses otherwise again) will not be having any more babies for several years if at all.

Well, goodbye infant, hello little miss on the go! She is laughing at herself in the mirror, crawling across the entire living room for a toy, a remote or a pacifier, and starting to really interact with big brother Jeffrey.

My folks used to joke about putting bricks on my so I wouldn't grow any taller than them. I might have to put some on her. Try to at least slow her down so I can enjoy her little-ness for a while longer.
Time goes by way too fast. At this time last year I was pregnant with my "gummy bear", Jeffrey was terrified of strangers and only 16 months old. My how things can change in a year.

I wanted to write down some of Jeffrey's word choices lately... I am so proud of him as he is FINALLY started to say words. Soon he will be talking a lot more, but I want to remember these early versions.

a choo choo- is obviously a train
buhsh- any truck, van, bus or semi in the near area.
doddy- doggy
dad-dEE - daddy
bobbby- mommy :)
oh wee- omi (my sister)
its- grits
doose- juice
me dats- (thats me while pointing to a picture of himself)

well now I need to go rescue Jeffrey's sippy cup from Lena :)

2 comments:

  1. Love these Jeffrey words! And Elena getting really mobile. Oh my goodness! And talk about the children growing up so fast - tell me about it! It seems like only yesterday, Nathan and Robbie were ... It is fun for us to watch the grands growing and learning, but then again it seems like only yesterday that they were ... and that you and Nathan got Zoe as a pup and then moved up to Va. August 4th would have been my parents' 60th wedding anniversary and August 11th, it will be 4 years since Dad passed away and also since you guys moved to Va. that weekend before. Wow! Time does fly when you're having fun! We love you guys! Can't wait to come for another visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffrey says its? for grits. You are teaching him all the important words. Penny

    ReplyDelete